- Abrams wanted people to feel like the Enterprise is a massive ship and one of the ways to accomplish this goal was connecting the sets so you could follow actors through the hallways and elevators without any cuts.
- After casting Benedict Cumberbatch, the story remained the same, but they did “change the words coming out of his mouth.”
- When they cast Cumberbatch they were tempted to write even more scenes for his character, but after the first movie had so many deleted Nero scenes, they decided to leave the audience wanting more.
- The destruction of Vulcan is not some random plot point from the first film. The way Lindelof spoke, it’s still affecting Spock and the geo-politics of the galaxy.
- About six months have passed since the events of the last movie.
Star Trek Into Darkness | Damon Lindelof Interview